skip to Main Content


When should I inject the back-up dose?

Prepare the back-up dose immediately and call 911 or contact a medical facility. Inject the back-up dose if the symptoms have not subsided within 10 minutes of the first dose or have recurred.

How can I tell that I’ve injected the epinephrine properly?

Lift the auto-injector from the injection site and check the grey cap. If the needle is exposed, the epinephrine has been injected. You should also feel the injection.

What should I do if the product is expired?

You should always check the expiry date on the product and make sure you carry current doses. However, in the event of a life-threatening allergic reaction, even if the product is expired, use the epinephrine you have with you.

The package says to store the epinephrine at between 20°-25°C/68°-77°F. What if I’m in activities at temperatures outside those margins?

During excursions, epinephrine may be kept at a temperature of 15°-30°C/59°-86°F . Do not allow it to freeze and do not refrigerate it.

What should I do with expired Twinject?

Never throw Twinject in the trash. Bring expired and used Twinject to your pharmacist or physician.

What are common side effects?

The most common side effect is the sensation of a more forceful heartbeat. There might also be anxiety and restlessness. See the Package Insert that came with your Twinject. People who have heart disease, diabetes, hypertension and hyperthyroidism, patients who are on medications that may sensitize the heart to arrhythmias, the elderly, and pregnant women should consult with their doctor before using Twinject.

If I’m traveling abroad, will I be able to carry Twinject with me?

Traveling with medication and syringes has become more complicated in the last few years due to heightened security. You are allowed to travel by land or air with medication if it is in its original packaging. If you are traveling by air, tell the security personnel that you are carrying Twinject in your carry-on luggage. These guidelines are subject to change. Call either your airline or Canada Border Services (1 800 461-9999) for an update before you travel.